Fun Things to do this week…
St. Johns is celebrating the season with a district-wide shopping extravaganza including local artists, live music, activities, and more. Don’t miss the opening day of the St. Johns Farmers Market, swinging by the St. Johns native plant pocket park to adopt a plant and visit The Smalls mini horses, participating in the St. Johns Bites Instagram contest, and more.
When: May 7, 10 AM – 5 PM5, 9AM – 6 PM
Where: St. Johns Plaza St. Johns (Portland)
N Lombard & Philadelphia Portland, OR
Animal Aid’s Spring Plant Sale
“Get everything you need for an amazing season of gardening and support rescue animals while you do it!
There will be hundreds of plant starts available for purchase, including 20+ varieties of tomatoes, as well as cucumbers, peppers, sunflowers, ornamentals, and more! Plus, we’ll have two wonderful vendors joining us: Sandy’s Succulents and Baby Barrels!
When: Sat May 7, 9 AM – 4 PM
Where: 4200 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, OR 97221
May The 4th Star Wars Trivia
Celebrate the geekiest day on the calendar at a brewery obsessed with space! Geeks Who Drink will host this Star Wars-themed trivia night with prizes at the end of each round and gift cards for the top-scoring teams. Plus, come dressed as your favorite droid, alien humanoid, or other galactic creature and you might win the costume contest with a $50 Ecliptic gift card—definitely worth more than those old republic credits!
When: Wed May 4, 6 – 9 PM
Where: The Moon Room Southeast Portland (Portland)
940 SE Oak Portland, OR 97214
THIS WEEKS REAL ESTATE UPDATE
Numbers help tell a story.
Numbers are powerful, especially when it comes to real estate! Whether you are assess whether it’s a good time to buy, sale or invest these numbers can be very valuable in determining offers or best sales price! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT WITH ANY QUESTIONS
Today’s Home Price Appreciation Is Great News for Existing Homeowners
What You Need To Know About Selling in a Sellers’ Market
“What is easy to get into, but hard to get out of?”
Send your answers on our Facebook Page to participate.
FB: (Dirks Realty Group – John L. Scott Northeast)
Note: Winners will be announced on Monday (May 10, 9AM) on our FB page.
Have you heard of HOMEBOT?
Find out everything you need to know about you
r homes current value here! Learn more
Are you thinking about selling your home?
FIND OUT HOW MUCH YOUR HOME IS WORTH?
RECIPE OF THE WEEK!
Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha (optional)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 c. canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Large leafy lettuce (leaves separated), for serving
- Cooked white rice, for serving (optional)
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add ground chicken and cook until opaque and mostly cooked through, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in sauce and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until sauce reduces slightly and chicken is cooked through completely. Turn off heat and stir in chestnuts and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon rice, if using, and a large scoop (about 1/4 cup) of chicken mixture into center of each lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.
Looking for the new home?
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WITH REAL ESTATE NEEDS
It’s as simple as clicking a button, send referral! If seeing our name reminded you of a friend, family member, coworker that may need some real estate guidance, we’d love to help. All you have to do is click the button below, share some simple info, and we’ll get in touch with them to find out how we can best serve their needs.
REFER A FRIEND