Fun Things to do this week…
Adelman Peony Gardens 2022 Open House
On opening weekend (Apr 30-May 1) of this annual peony display, come down to enjoy the garden’s early-blooming peonies plus take advantage of an early bird special of 10% off all peony plants in containers. Peak bloom typically occurs around Memorial Day weekend, but you can give the gardens a ring before heading down to stroll their two acre display garden.
When: Apr 30 – Jun 15, 9AM – 6 PM
Where: Adelman Peony Gardens
5690 Brooklake Rd NE Salem, OR 97305
Spring Garden Fair
This annual event is strategically held the weekend before Mother’s Day (moms love plants) and boasts 140 vendors, free pH soil testing and plant checks, a potting station, a “plant taxi” service that will tow your purchases, and more. Two of the fair’s biggest draws for gardeners of all levels are the opportunity to “Ask an OSU Master Gardener” and the Greater Portland Iris Society’s early show.
When: Apr 30 – May 1, 9 AM
Where: Clackamas County Fairgrounds
694 NE 4th Ave Canby, OR 97013
Nano Beer Fest
Enjoy beers from some of the best small breweries the Northwest has to offer at this bi-annual festival.
When: Apr 29 – May 1
Where: John’s Marketplace Southwest Portland (Portland)
3535 SW Multnomah Blvd Portland, OR 97219
THIS WEEKS REAL ESTATE UPDATE
Numbers help tell a story.
Numbers are powerful, especially when it comes to real estate! Whether you are assess whether it’s a good time to buy, sale or invest these numbers can be very valuable in determining offers or best sales price! PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT WITH ANY QUESTIONS
Is It Enough To Offer Asking Price in Today’s Housing Market?
How Homeownership Can Help Shield You from Inflation
“I am a bird, I am a fruit and I am a person. What am I?”
Send your answers on our Facebook Page to participate.
FB: (Dirks Realty Group – John L. Scott Northeast)
Note: Winners will be announced on Monday (April 19, 9AM) on our FB page.
Have you heard of HOMEBOT?
Find out everything you need to know about you
r homes current value here! Learn more
Are you thinking about selling your home?
FIND OUT HOW MUCH YOUR HOME IS WORTH?
RECIPE OF THE WEEK!
Mushroom Chicharrón Tacos
FOR THE PICO DE GALLO:
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cored and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 large ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed and finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- Coarse kosher salt
FOR THE MUSHROOM TACOS:
- 18 ounces oyster mushrooms (from 2 to 3 medium clusters)
- ⅓ cup neutral oil, such as canola
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- Make the pico de gallo: Combine the tomato, avocado, jalapeños, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl and season with salt. Gently fold together. Set aside to allow flavors to marry while the mushrooms cook.
- Make the tacos: Tear the oyster mushrooms into bite-size pieces, leaving some mushroom tops whole. To make sure the mushrooms become crisp, cook in two batches: Heat a large cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high and coat with half of the oil. Once the oil is hot, add half of the mushrooms in a single layer without crowding the skillet. Cook, stirring every few minutes, until deep golden brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate, then repeat with the remaining oil and mushrooms. Return the first batch to the skillet, and add the cumin and salt, and season with pepper. Stir well, then remove from the heat.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, warm the tortillas on a comal or heavy skillet over medium-high heat until soft and pliable. Wrap them in a dish towel to keep them warm until ready to serve. Divide the mushrooms and pico de gallo among the warm tortillas. Serve immediately.
Looking for the new home?
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WITH REAL ESTATE NEEDS
It’s as simple as clicking a button, send referral! If seeing our name reminded you of a friend, family member, coworker that may need some real estate guidance, we’d love to help. All you have to do is click the button below, share some simple info, and we’ll get in touch with them to find out how we can best serve their needs.
REFER A FRIEND